Friday, January 27, 2012

10mm Renaissance

My newest folly is assembling a Renaissance-era army in 10mm.  Everything I've done so far has been 15mm, but in the course of trying to flesh out some 1980s era true-15s (as opposed to the 18mm figures in vogue now) these 10mm caught my eye.  From what I can see on the Internet, the 10mm scale offers both a "massed soldier effect" and a lower price--much lower, in some cases.

So when a poster at Fanaticus offered some leftover 10mm figures for the 15th century Italian Wars, I figured that would be a good way to put my toes in the water, so to speak.

The first thing I noticed was how small these figures are.  the picture below shows a comparison between a 15mm figure (a Dark Ages lancer by Essex) and a 10mm figure (a mounted crossbowmen by Pendraken).


The challenge will be downshifting the level of detail when painting, relying more on bulk than on individual figures for the desired effect.   Pictures to follow (eventually).

No comments:

Post a Comment