Friday, February 3, 2012

British Guard Infantry

This is the first installment of British Peninsular War figures done on contract.  As royal units, guard regiments had blue facings and their drummers wore red coats instead of reversed colors.  The buyer will be basing them, so these pictures show the figures still on the paint strips.

Here is a closer shot of an officer, with his brass buttons.  :)  


In general, I like the paint job.  The only thing I might have done differently is use a different shade of red.   My old standby--Ceramcoat's Bright Red--ran out, and this shade has much better coverage than some others I tried.   It's good and red, but I figure that in practice, campaign uniforms would be duller.

UPDATE: On further reflection, I like the color for wargaming figures.  Normally when you look at 15mm figures from tabletop distance the colors sort of fade together, especially when they're packed close on a stand.  When I look at these guys from that distance, the red stays vivid, making good contrasts with the black and white of other parts of their uniforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment